Mentoring changes lives. It improves a child’s general well-being and fosters constructive relationships among the mentors and the protégés.
At Youth Connections, Inc., volunteers build relationships that make all the difference. They help us to promote a culture of effective intervention. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to join our rapidly expanding team.
A Mentor’s Role
A mentor with Youth Connections, Inc. will help set goals for one to three participants and work toward accomplishing them developing motivation, self-esteem and purpose.
Youth Connections supports and manages all of the program mentors through recruiting, training, matching and evaluations.
- General support and guidance from a caring adult
- Improved interpersonal relationships with peers, teachers and family
- Direction, education and/or training in a career
- Moving a new friend forward by sharing the impact of life choices and positive options
- A new understanding about today’s young adults
- Making a contribution directly to the quality of the future workforce
- Reduced neighborhood violence and restorative justice projects
- Enhanced business, community and youth relations
- Improved school attendance, performance and retention
If you’re ready for this uplifting challenge, we’d love to have you.
To submit an application, please download it from the “Forms” section under the “Resources” tab, and fax it to 404-559-9278.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to spend consistent time each month for 12 consecutive months
- Must successfully pass background and criminal checks
- Must complete the three-hour training workshop