To provide character and skill building programs and services for youth, particularly those considered being at-risk, that will benefit their development.
We aspire to be the premier organization promoting positive youth development in the Atlanta area. Through federal, state and local partnerships (both public and private), we will address and create solutions for the social challenges of children from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Youth Connections, Inc. Group Home provides shelter and basic needs for runaway and at-risk youth. King’s Manor is a male only 24 hour emergency shelter, a safe place to refocus serving youth ages 10-17.
- Temporary housing for up to 21 days.
- Street Outreach
- Positive mentorship
- Crisis Intervention
We partner with the Department of Labor, MANY, Future Foundation, STAND, Inc., and Atlanta Workforce Development Agency to bring Project Restore to assist ages 16-24 who have been involved with the juvenile or adult justice system overcome their challenges in life and become positive, healthy and fully participating members of society. Skills, trade training and job placement are core components.
There is much work to be done and we cannot do it without the financial support of the donor community. Professionals in the area of counseling, marketing, compliance and fundraising are welcome and encouraged to volunteer. Our robust mentoring program is accepting applications. The organization has a specific on-going need for a van for youth transportation and street outreach.
- Certified Runaway and Homeless Youth Shelter through Georgia’s Department of Human Services. The only State Certified shelter in the city and metropolitan Atlanta area.
- Received Department of Health and Human Services Administration grant to manage a Runaway and Homeless Youth Shelter.
- Awarded Positive Pathway Programs (P3) Grant sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Network of Youth and Family Services (MANY), Pittsburgh, PA.
- Awarded John and Mary Franklin Foundation, Inc. grant for 4 consecutive years.
- Recruited diverse board of directors based on composition analysis.